Sách Giải Bài Tập và SGK
Bài tập động từ + giới từ
Bài tập động từ + giới từ
Put in the correct preposition. If no preposition is necessary, leave the space empty.
1. I'm not going out yet. I'm waiting ..... the rain to stop.
2. I couldn't find the street I was looking for, so I stopped someone to ask .... directions.
3. I've applied .... a job at the factory. I don't know if I'll get it.
4. I've applied .... three colleges. I hope one of them accepts me.
5. I've searched everywhere .... john, but I haven't been able to find him.
6. I don't want to talk .... what happened last night. Let's forget it.
7. I don't want to disccuss .... what happened last night. Let's forget it.
8. We had an interesting discussion .... the problem,but we didn't reach a decision
9. We discussed .... the problem, but we didn't reach a decision.
10. I don't want to go out yet. I'm waiting .... the post to arrive.
11. Ken and Sonia are touring Italy. They're in Rome at the moment, but tomorrow they leave .... Venice
12. The roof of the house is in very bad condition. I think we ought to do something .... it.
13. We waited .... Steve for half an hour, but he never came.
14. Tomorrow morning I have to catch a plane. I'm leaving my house .... the airport at 7.30.
Complete the sentences with the following verbs + preposition:
apply ask do leave look search talk wait
1. Police are ..... the man who esaped from prison.
2. We're still .... a reply to our letter. We haven't heard anything yet.
3. I think Ben likes his job, but he doesn't .... it much.
4. When I'd finished my meal, I .... the waiter .... the bill.
5. Cathy is unemployed. She has .... several jobs, but she hasn't had any luck.
6. If something is wrong ,why don't you .... something .... it?
7. Linda's car is very old, but it's in excellent condition. She .... it very well.
8. Diane is from Boston but now she lives in Paris. She .... Boston .... Paris when she was 19.
1. searching for
2. walking for
3. talk about
4. asked the waiter for
5. applied for
6. do something about
7. looks after or has looked after
8. left Boston for
Put in the correct preposition after . If no preposition is necessary, leave the space empty.
1. He's very selfish. He doesn't care ..... othe people.
2. Are you hungry? Would you care .... something to eat?
3. She doesn't care .... the exam. She doesn't care whether she passes or fails.
4. Please let me borrow your camera. I promise I'll take good care .... it.
5. "Do you like this coat?" "Not really, I don't care .... the coulour."
6. Don't worry about the shopping. I'll take care .... that.
7. I want to have a good holiday. I don't care .... the cost.
8. I want to have a good holiday. I don't care .... how much it costs.
Complete the sentences with look for or look after. Use the correct form of look (looks/looked/looking).
1. I looked for my keys, but I couldn't find them anywhere.
2. Kate is .... a job. I hope she finds one soon.
3. Who .... you when you were ill?
4. I'm .... Elizabeth. Have you seen her?
5. The car park was full, so we had to .... somewhere else to park.
6. A babysitter is somebody who .... other people's children.
1. looked for
2. looking for
3. looked for
4. looking for
5. look for
6. looks after