Sách Giải Bài Tập và SGK
Bài tập cụm động từ
Bài tập cụm động từ
Complete each sentence using a verb from A (in the correct form) + a word from B. You can use a word more than once.
1. The bus was full. We couldn't ......
2. I've been standing for the last two hours. I'm going to .... for a bit.
3. A cat tried to catch the bird, but it .... just in time.
4. We were trapped in the building. We couldn't .... .
5. I can't hear you very well. Can you .... a little?
6. "Do you speak German?" "Not very well, but I can .... ."
7. The cost of living is higher now. Prices have .... a lot.
8. I thought there was somebody behind me, but when I ...., there was nobody there.
1. get on
2. sit down
3. flew away
4. get out
5. speak up
6. get by
7. gone up
8. looked round
Complete the sentences using a word from A and a word from B. You can use a word more than once.
1. You're walking too fast. I can't keep ..... you.
2. My holidays are nearly over. Next week I'll be .... work.
3. We went .... the top floor of the building to admire the view.
4. Are you looking .... the party next week?
5. There was a bank robbery last week. The robbers got .... $50,000.
6. I love to look .... the stars in the sky at night.
7. I was sitting in the kitchen when suddenly a bird flew .... the open window.
1. up with
2. back at
3. up to
4. forward to
5. away with
6. up at
7. in through
Complete the sentences using the following verbs + it/them/me.
fill in get out give back switch on take off wake up
1. They gave me a form and told me to fill it in.
2. I'm going to bed now. Can you .... at 6.30?
3. I've got something in my eye and I can't .... .
4. I don't like it when people borrow things and don't .... .
5. I want to use the kettle. How do I .... ?
6. My shoes are dirty. I'd better .... before going into the house.
1. fill it in
2. wake me up
3. get it out
4. give them back
5. switch ig on
6. take them off
Use your own ideas to complete the sentences. Use a noun (this newspaper,...) or a pronoun (it/them/...) + the word in brackets (away/up..)
1. Don't throw ........ I want to keep it. (away)
2. "Do you want this postcasd?" "No, you can throw ........." (away)
3. I borrowed these books from the library. I have to take .... tomorrow. (back)
4. We can turn .... . Nobody is watching it. (off)
5. A: How did the vase get broken?
B: I'm afraid I knocked .... while I was cleaning. (off)
6. Shh! My mother is asleep. I don't want to wake .... . (up)
7. It's quite cold. You should put .... if you're going out. (on)
8. It was only a small fire. I was able to put .... quite easily. (out)
9. A: Is this hotel more expensive than when we stayed here last year?
B: Yes, they've put .... . (up)
10. It's a bit dark in this room. Shall I turn .... ? (on)
1. away this newspaper
2. it away
3. I have to take them back
4. We can turn the television off
5. I knocked it over
6. I don't want to wake her up
7. You should put your coat
8. I was able to put in out
9. Yes, they've put the price(s)
10. Shall I turn the light (s) on?