Sách Giải Bài Tập và SGK
Bài tập cách sử dụng There và It
Bài tập cách sử dụng There và It
Put in there is/was or it is/was. Some sentences are question (is there .... ? / is it .... ? .... ) and some are negative (isn't /wasn't)
1. The journey took a long time. ..... a lot of traffic.
2. What's the new restaurant like? ..... good?
3. ".... a bookshop near here?" "Yes, .... one in Hill Street."
4. When we got to the cinema, .... a queue outside, .... a very long queue so we decided not to wait.
5. I couldn't see anything. .... completely dark.
6. .... trouble at the club last nigh. They had to call the police.
7. How far .... from Milan to Rome?
8. .... Keith's birthday yesterday. We had a party.
9. .... three years since I last went to the theatre.
10. I wanted to visitthe museum, but .... enough time.
11. ".... time to leave?" "Yes, .... nearly midnight."
12. A few days ago .... a strom .... a lot of damage.
13. .... a beautiful day yesterday. We had a picnic.
14. .... anything on television so I turned it off.
15. .... an accident in King Street, but .... very serious.
1. There was
2. Is it
3. Is there .... there's/there is
4. there was .... It was
5. It was
6. There was
7. is it
8. it was
9. it's/ it is
10. there wasn't
11. is it .... it's / it is
12. there was .... there was
13. It was
14. It wasn't
15. There was .... it wasn't
Read the first sentence and then write a sentence beginning There ....
1. There was a lot of traffic
2. There is a lot of salt in the soup.
3. There was nothing in the box.
4. There was a lot of violence in the film or There was a lot of fighting ....
5. There were a lot of people in the shops.
6. There is a lot to do in this town. or There is a lot of happening in this town.
Complete the sentences. Use there will be, there would be ....
will may would wouldn't should used to (be) going to
1. If people drove more carefully ...... fewer accidents.
2. "Do we have any eggs?" "I'm not sure. .... some in the fridge."
3. I think everything will be OK. I don't think .... any problems.
4. Look at the sky .... a storm.
5. "Is there a school in the village?" "Not now. .... one but it closed."
6. People drive too fast on this road. I think .... a speed limit.
7. If people weren't aggressive, .... any wars.
1. there would be
2. there may be
3. there will be/ there'll be or there are going to be
4. there's going to be/there is going to be
5. there used to be
6. there should be
7. there wouldn't be
Are these sentences right or wrong ? Change it to there where necessary.
1. They live on a busy road. ..... a lot of noise. ..... a lot of noise.
2. Last winter it was very cold and is was a lot of snow.
3. It used to be a church here ,but is was knocked down.
4. Why was she so unfriendly? Is mus be have been a reason.
5. I's a long way from my house to the nearest shop.
6. A: Where can we park the car?
B: Don't worry.It's sure to be a char park somewhere.
7. After the lecture it will be an opportunity to ask questions.
8. I like the place where I live,but I would be nicer to live by the sea.
9. I was told that I would be somebody to meet me at the station, but it wasn't anybody.
10. The situation is still the same. I have been no change.
11. I don't know who'll win, but it's sure to be a good game.
1. It must be/ There must be
2. and there was a lot of snow
3. there used to be a church here
4. there must have been a reason
6. there's sure to be a car park somewhere
7. there will be an opportunity
9. there would be somebody .... but there wasn't anybody.
10. there has been no change.