Sách Giải Bài Tập và SGK
Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh 12 - Học kì 1 Thời gian làm bài: 15 phút Choose the item (A,
Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh 12 - Học kì 1
Thời gian làm bài: 15 phút
Choose the item (A, B, C or D) that best completes each of the following sentences.
In 1988, for the first time in British history, a National Curriculum was introduced. The National Curriculum tells pupils which subjects they have to study, what they must learn and when they have to take assessment tests. [assessment: đánh giá]
Between the ages of 14 and 16, pupils study for their GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. Pupils must take English Language, Maths and Science for GCSE, as well as a half GCSE in a foreign language and Technology. In addition, they must also be taught Physical Education, Religious Education and Sex Education, although they do not take exams in these subjects.
At the age of 16, pupils can leave school. If pupils stay on, they usually take A (Advanced) levels, AS (Advanced Supplementary) level or GNVQs (Greater National Vocational Qualifications). It is quite common to combine, for example, two A levels with one AS level, or one A level with one GNVQ.
Pupils taking A levels study traditional subjects, such as French, Physics or History. To go to university, pupils usually need two or three A levels.
AS levels are the same standard as A levels, but only half of the content: AS level German pupils take the A-level German language exam, but do not take the A-level German Literature exam.
GNVQs are vocational qualifications. Pupils usually take on GNVQ in subjects such as Business, Leisure and Tourism, Manufacturing, and Art and Design. One GVNQ (at advanced level) is equal to two A levels.
1. Britain began to have a National Curriculum_______
A. one hundred years ago
B. in the nineteenth century
C. in 1898
D. in 1988
2. Which of the following subjects do British students NOT take exams in?
B. Physical Education
D. English Language
3. Pupils need_______A levels to continue to study at university.
A. one or two
B. two or three
C. four or five
D. five or six
4. Which of the following subjects do pupils NOT take on GNVQ in?
B. German Literature
C. Art and Design
5. Pupils normally study for their GCSE between the ages of_______.
A. 12 and 14
B. 14 and 16
C. 15 and 17
D. 16 and 18
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence.
6. With black hair and eyes, she is_______of the people from her country.
A. the same
7. Military is_______in this country. Every man who reaches the age of 18 has to serve in the army for two years.
8. People tend to work hard at this_______of life.
9. Concern for the environment is now at the_______of many governments' policies.
10. Why don't you have the document_______?
B. to photocopy
11. The strange disease_______to have originated in Africa.
B. is thinking
C. is thought
12. You can use my phone if yours_______.
A. won't be worked
B. won't work
C. isn't worked
D. doesn't work
13. We were rather late, but fortunately there were some tickets_______.
A. to leave
D. having left
14. It's a beautiful photo. I'm going to_______.
A. get it enlarging
B. have it enlarging
C. have it enlarged
D. set it enlarged
15._______these plants regularly or they will die.
B. If you water
C. Unless you water
D. Because you water